In Moodle course there are Student Forums also known as Discussion Forums, Announcements where tutors and department Admins post information related to course.
To ensure you receive these notifications please check 3 things:
- User Forum Preferences
- Forum Subscription
1. The default email address in Moodle as new user will be your wintec email address e.g. for students email@example.com unless student change/update this.
2. User Forum Preferences – these settings are for each user by default these should be No digest unless student change/update this.
Login to Moodle -> Click your name (right corner) -> Preferences ->Forum Preferences -> Email digest type
User Forum Preferences explanation of each selection
- No digest - you will receive one e-mail per forum post
- Digest - complete posts - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post
- The daily digest will collate all forum activity for the day and send one email around 5pm notifying users of activity.
Note: these settings are for all forums emails
Once you ensure your personal user settings are set correctly and you still have not received your notifications
1. Make sure your emails are not going to Focused Inbox (if enable)
Checkout Microsoft Article on how turn off Focused Inbox
2. Check Junk Email Folder
- Open your Emails -> Junk E-mail
- Right click or select the email and select ‘Not Junk’ or ‘Mark as not junk’
3. You can also add email address noreply from Moodle as safe senders list
Click Cog/Settings -> Type allow or block -> Select Block or allow settings
Type the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click + button to add the email to safe sender and recipients list
4. Lastly, your Forum Subscription these are individual to each forum
Go to the forum from where you have not received the email notification and Make sure you have subscribed to receiving notification
Open Forum -> click Cog/Settings button
If your Forum Settings says Forced Subscription - it means you should get notification based on user forum preferences as mentioned above
If your Forum Settings says Optional Subscription - make sure you click subscribe to this forum otherwise you won't get any notification this is also based on user forum preferences as mentioned above