1. The default email address in Moodle as a new user will be your Wintec email address e.g. for students email@example.com unless this is changed/updated. Please note this is not the same as your contact email in the enrolment system.
Click your name (top right corner) -> Preferences ->Edit Profile -> Update your email -> scroll down and select Update profile.
Go to your email (the updated one) and accept the changes as per the email you received.
2. User Forum Preferences – these settings are for each user by default these should be No digest unless student change/update this.
Login to Moodle -> Click your name (right corner) -> Preferences ->Forum Preferences -> Email digest type
User Forum Preferences explanation of each selection
- No digest - you will receive one e-mail per forum post
- Digest - complete posts - you will receive one digest e-mail per day containing the complete contents of each forum post
- The daily digest will collate all forum activity for the day and send one email around 5 pm notifying users of activity. If your tutor has posted a forum post around 6 pm then the notification about this will arrive in your email the following day around 5 pm.
Note: these settings are for all forums emails
- Yes: when I post, subscribe me to that forum discussion (default)
- No: don't automatically subscribe me to forum discussions
Forum tracking: Marks posts as read or unread to make it easy to track which forum posts you have already read.
- Yes: highlight new posts for me
- No: don't keep track of posts I have seen
When sending forum post notifications: When you are notified of a forum post via email subscription, you can choose whether or not to mark the post as read for the purpose of forum tracking. (Available only when Forum tracking is set to Yes.)