Tips For Forum
- We recommend using a Notepad program if your forum post is more than just a paragraph and then cut and paste the text into the forum. This helps prevent losing a large amount of work if something happens before you submit your posting.
- If you are unable to view a forum or don't see Add a new discussion topic button please check with your tutor.
- In a forum where you are able to add a new discussion topic, the Add a new discussion topic button will be displayed.
- For students, there is a time limit for editing posts, usually 30 minutes.
- To upload large video files please use the Medial (green color icon)
Add a new discussion topic
Click on the Add a new discussion topic button. To add an attachment to your post click Advanced.
Replying to a forum post
You will not be able to reply to all forum posts. Please check with your tutor.
Select the forum post title to view it, then select Reply.
Write your reply in the text box, scroll down and select Submit, bottom left.
Click Advanced, bottom right if you wish to add an attachment to your post
You then reach a page like the one below, from attachment section, attach or drag and drop files here. Click post to the forum
You also can add images, links, audio, and video from this page, via the icons at the top of the Message box.
For large video files please use Medial icon
Please note the Allowed file extensions to upload video or Audio
Click Browse and select the video from your PC
Once the file upload click Next
Give it a Title and Description -> Click Next
Select Thumbnail or click Next -> Click Next again and again
Please note you may see a message your video is not ready please note this is standard. Depending on how big the file is it will take time for Medial to upload and convert the video in the right format. Once it's ready the message will disappear